SEPTEMBER 7, 2017 – WARSAW – BRISTOL HOTEL
(the list of panelists has not been finalized)
10.30 – 11.00 Registration
11.00 – 11.20 Invitation
11.20 – 12.30 The redevelopment and modernization market in Poland and Europe – an insight on the volume of the market covering commercial facilities, that are being/ or are going to be subject to modernization in the near future; a presentation of trends in the redevelopment area, both in terms of ancient buildings and modern civic facilities;
a case study showing foreign and domestic reference examples; delivering analyses proving a positive influence of redevelopment upon life quality in the cities.
Session opening: a 10-20 min. presentation on selected case studies, focusing on the bulk, not single, revitalization projects, carried out jointly by Cushman & Wakefield and Deloitte, related to Orange properties – displaying interesting examples from Poland and abroad.
1. Radosław Kubaś, Partner, Consulting/Public Sector & Real Estate, Deloitte Consulting
2. Paweł Warda, Head of Project & Development Services CEE, JLL
3. Katarzyna Lemańska, Leasing & Marketing Director, Europejski
4. Piotr Wąs, MRICS, CCIM, Managing Director, SpaceFactory
5. Head of Office & Corporate Solutions, Cresa Polska
6.Mariusz Kozłowski, CEO of Liebrecht & wooD Poland
Moderator: Anna Górska-Kwiatkowska, MRICS, Associate, Landlord Representation Manager, Office Department, Cushman & Wakefield
12.30 – 13.25 Investment session – a business approach to redevelopment. A discussion on cases where building modernization and functionality amendments are profitable. A review of the core topic in terms of lack of an attractive land within city centers – developers, investment funds are increasingly fond of projects involving redevelopment. An overview of the market volume regarding commercial facilities, that are being/ or are going to be subject to modernization in the near future. Showing an offer of the Polish real estates, that might be given “the second life”.
The presentation of Orange on real estates (conducted by Maciej Klukowski, Orange).
1. Paweł Buchman, Head of Real Estate in Orange Polska
2. Michal Rokosz, MRICS, Head of Real Estate Financing, Corporate Banking Department, HSBC BANK
3. Dorota Wysokińska–Kuzdra, Partner & Managing Director, Griffin Advisors
4.Monika Niewczas, Head of Investment Office, Polski Holding Nieruchomości
5. Zbigniew Andrzej Ślęzak, Sales Director, Interbiuro
6. Head of Research & Advisory, Cresa Polska
Moderator: Grażyna Błaszczak – a real estate market expert, over the last 17 years she has been working for the „Rzeczpospolita” daily
13.25 – 14.00 Lunch
14.00 – 14.55 City session – showing the revitalization issues in terms of benefits for the cities (social, business approach, life quality enhancement, sustainable development). A debate between the municipal authorities and the private capital, that may contribute to spurring and improving potential of the cities.
Case studies depicting positive examples of collaboration between the cities and private investors, including the presentation of APA Wojciechowski projects (Port Praski, Powiśle Power Plant and other developments within the revitalization and modernization area)
1. Szymon Wojciechowski, Architect, Co-owner, CEO of APA Wojciechowski
2. Marek Janiak, Municipal Architect, The City of Łódź
3. Michał Olszewski, Deputy Mayor of the Municipal City of Warsaw
4. Krzysztof Giemza, Commercial Proxy, Echo Investment
5. Krzysztof Pykel, Head of Investments, Port Praski Inwestycje
Moderator: Renata Siwiec, Deloitte Public Sector Team
14.55 – 15.50 Law & finance session – legal regulations related to redevelopment of historical buildings and their profile, depending on the conservation requirements to be applied to a particular facility. The discussion on additional liabilities investors have to be aware of in the course of the investment process and how they affect the investment schedule and financing issues.
1. Łukasz Dołęga, Development Director, Immobel Poland
2. Christian Fojtl, Managing Director, WX Management Services
3. Michał Krasucki, Municipal Preservation Officer, Municipal City of Warsaw
4. Agnieszka Dawydzik, Manager, Public Sector, Deloitte
Moderator: Agata Demuth, a Partner, in charge of Real Estate Practice, Schoenherr
15.50 – 16.30 Architecture & design session – an analysis of technically interesting redevelopment solutions. Displaying opportunities of cooperation among architects, investors, general contractors and companies delivering customized technological solutions. Presenting positive examples of collaboration with the preservation officer, who is often perceived as an element hampering revitalization and rebuilding over the investment process. A case study and a discussion panel, with the participation of BuroHappold – the organization is going to present examples of interesting developments.
1. Representatives of Allies&Morrison architecture and urban planning practice
2. Marek Kuryłowicz, CEO of Kuryłowicz & Associates
3. Piotr Fornal, Senior Project Manager, RD bud
4. Danuta Barańska, Creative Director, Tétris Polska
5. Andrew Frizell, Partner, Head of Project Management CEE, Cushman & Wakefield
Moderator: Ian Booth, Managing Director, BuroHappold Engineering Poland
16.30 – 16.40 Summary